Food is the basis of human existence. It has existed for a long as the first man stepped on earth.
Different cultures have different types of food and they have different ways of preparing the same meal.
Some foods have gained popularity over the years and have since moved from their country of origin to different parts of the world. Take pizza for example.
This has been made so by culture exchange through intermarriages, traveling, and tourism among other influences.
Part of enjoying a nice vacation in a foreign country is through learning the community’s culture, tasting the variety of local meals, and learning to prepare them.
In this piece of writing, we shall go through some of the mind-blowing facts about for that I bet you had no idea about!
There is no better way to top our list other than with this very mysterious, sweet, and magical food substance.
- Honey never goes bad
- Not all honey is produced by bees
- Honey is 80% sugar and 20% water
- It can take up to 2 million flowers for bees to make honey
Second, on my list is cheese. Don’t we all love cheese? I love a nice plate of cheese soup, cheese grilled sandwich, macaroni, and cheese, you name it all!
Well, if you are a cheese lover like me, there are some facts that you ought to know;
- Certain types of cheese are prohibited in the United States. Most of these are blue cheese and the main reason for illegalization is because it is made from unpasteurized milk which certainly can cause serious health issues.
- Credito Emiliano, a bank in Italy takes parmesan cheese as collateral for loans. This is so popular in the area that you can hold cheese and insurance.
- 20th of January each year, we have an international cheese day.
- Over 96% of French people eat cheese.
Back when I was in college, my roommate and I would spend days and days surviving on boxes of pizza. This delicious go-to meal had to make it to my list.
Let’s see some mind-blowing facts about pizza;
- 65% of Americans order pizza at least every day.
- A slice of pizza contains just about 270 calories.
- Pepperoni is the most popular pizza toppings in the United States.
- The first pizza ever made was in Naples in the 1500s.
- In Cambodia, there is “happy pizza” made from marijuana.
Wine is a drink that has been there for centuries and is still being enjoyed to date in our homes.
You can make very delicious recipes with wine too. All classes of persons can afford to enjoy a nice glass of wine.
However, not everyone knows these facts about wine;
- Centuries ago, instead of water, wine was used to quench thirst. Now that’s what I call living in paradise.
- It takes up to 1200 grapes to make a bottle of wine
- Wine can be used to fuel a car.
- The Titanic sank with what is known as the most oldest and expensive wine cellar ever made.
- Italy is the world’s largest wine producer.
The one box that is always empty is the chocolate box! The way to anyone’s heart is a nice bar of chocolate and some freshly plucked flowers.
This is so true that no everyone knows these about chocolate;
- White chocolate isn’t chocolate
- Chocolate comes from the cacao bean which is a vegetable, making chocolate somewhat a vegetable. This, however, doesn’t mean you can now skip dinner by taking chocolates as it is a vegetable. It doesn’t work that way.
- It takes up to 300 cocoa beans to make chocolate.
- The biggest ever made chocolate weighed more than 1200 pounds in celebration of Thornton’s Birthday.
- You cannot sell blue packaged chocolate in China because the blue color is perceived as a symbol of a bad omen.
The current tech-generated era has made it easier for all of us to try out new delicious meals.
With a tap of a button, you can order your food and get it delivered straight to your doorstep.
This of course has brought in new challenges, for instance, the fact that some delivery companies are late on their deliveries, or bring wrong orders, etc.
To be on a safer end, sites such asUS Reviews have provided a consumer feedback platform to help you know what service to take and what to avoid.
I, therefore, suggest you take some time to read food delivery services online reviews to gauge which delivery service company is the best option for you.